As I got in the car this morning, I was surprised to find it was drenched. Did the sprinklers go off? And then I realized, it RAINED!!!! Haven’t started a day this excited in a long time. It looks like it was a total fluke-it’s supposed to be in the mid-90s next week-but for now, I’ll relish this pretend fall.
A few things I’m looking forward to-whenever Fall does decide to arrive:
1) Not sleeping with the air conditioning.
2) Maybe, maybe seeing some greenery? It’s just so dry everywhere. Hoping we get more rain soon.
3) David’s chili. David’s been making the same incredible chili recipe for YEARS. I’m craving it, but it’s tough to justify it when it’s sweltering. Much better with cooler weather.
4) Fall leaves. Hoping to see pretty leaf changes in Stockton and looking forward to more leaf peeping during some East Coast trips over the next few months.
5) Turtlenecks! And sweaters and scarves and just being comfy and cozy.
6) Apples? I always find the onslaught of apple picking photos that fill my newfeed every fall a bit amusing. I’m always curious-what is everyone DOING with all those apples? Like, how many pies are actually being made? Janou and I went to a cute farm in Maryland a few years ago, and it was SO fun spending the day together, but I have no idea what I did with the apples. Now that we’re a much shorter drive to farms and Apple Hill, it might be nice to dive in to the whole fall ritual.
7) Corn maze? Actually no. I have zero interest in corn mazes. BUT-I do remember going to a gorgeous farm in Connecticut when David was living in Hartford. We went for the corn maze and pumpkin picking, yet the best part was pancakes. We sat on the deck and enjoyed hot berry pancakes in the cool fall air. 8 years later, it’s still one of my favorite fall moments. Definitely interested in some pancake/donut tasting at a farm.
8) Canella/night tea. Like chili, it’s tough to justify hot tea on a summer evening, but it’s such a nice way to wind down. A favorite treat-hot water with a cinnamon stick and honey. So soothing.
Looks like we have about 24 hours till it gets hot again-going to try to enjoy this fall teaser :)